Lock The locking system describes how the pin and socket elements are joined. Lock
- Baïonnette The connection can be secured by means of a partial rotation.
- M9 The connectors can be screwed together to secure the connection. M stands for metric thread and the number stands for the external diameter.
- Push Pull The connection can be locked by simply pushing. To release the connection, the sleeve on the connector must be pulled back.
- Snap In Snap locking – can be unlocked simply by pulling
Degree of protection The degrees of protection according to IEC60529 apply to various articles and provide information on protection against the intrusion of water and solids such as dust. Degree of protection
- IP40 Protects against contact with tools, wires and other similar objects of Ø > 1 mm and against the intrusion of foreign bodies of Ø > 1 mm. Does not protect against water.
- IP67 Fully protects against touch and against the intrusion of dust. Protects against water intrusion in temporary immersion (depth: 1 m; duration: 30 minutes).
Version The choice of version allows the definition of certain technical specifications – for example the type of cable outlet or the size. Version
- Adaptateur Connecting element to each side of which a connector can be attached. This enables the realisation of, for example, control cabinet lead-throughs or a transition from the M8 to the M12 locking system.
- Connecteur d‘angle femelle Connector (socket/female) with angled cable outlet.
- Connecteur d‘angle mâle Connector (pin/male) with angled cable outlet.
- Connecteur femelle droite Connector (socket/female) with straight cable outlet. Here, the cable runs in mating direction.
- Connecteur mâle droite Connector (pin/male) with straight cable outlet. Here, the cable is in mating direction.
- Câble de raccordement Connecting cable in various pin and socket versions.
Installation type Connectors are differentiated by installation type: those that are mounted in a device housing (panel mount) and those that are attached to cables. Installation type
- Montage du boîtier Connectors that can be mounted to device housings. These can be fixed by means of a locking nut or be screwed in (requires a threaded hole).
- Montage du câble Connectors with cable already moulded or for self-assembly.
Product segment binder areas of application or type of connector. Product segment
- Câbles (en vrac) Raw cable, without connectors, coiled.
- Miniature Connectors with an external diameter of 16–21.5 mm and various locking systems.
- Subminiature Connectors in a very compact size, with M9, snap-in, bayonet or push-pull locking systems and external diameters of 8–14.5 mm.
- Technologie d’automatisation Advancing digitisation and current manufacturing technologies make possible ever smaller and more high-performance elements in the areas of sensor technology and networking. Here, sensor technology means the detection of physical values and their conversion into electric values. These electric values are converted into a digital signal that can be transmitted by means of bus communication to other bus devices. This will make automated production more modular and flexible in the future, with a preference for standardised connectors like the models M8 and M12. The worldwide availability of the connectors and their adaptation to a broad range of applications have already led to numerous versions, e.g. codings.
Termination The termination type determines how cables, single wires or PCBs can be joined with the connector. Termination
- Enfichable Adapters or distributors that are joined with a connector on each side. The version and locking system may vary for the different terminations.
- pince à vis The wires in a cable are pressed in the contact element radially by means of a screw, establishing the electrical contact.
- soudure The contact and the individual wires of a cable are connected using solder.
- surmoulé sur le câble Single wires are assembled and the cable joined with the connector by means of plastics injection moulding.
- à piquer sur carte The special form of the contacts enables a through-connection on a PCB and automated wave soldering.